Set in the heart of Sandown on the Isle of Wight, The Bay Church of England all-through School caters for ages 4 to 16 over two sites and offers an excellent and diverse provision for all. Inspiring learners, within our supportive Christian ethos, so that each and every child has the opportunity to excel.
The benefits of an all-through school
- Following a pupil’s academic journey allows the school to understand the pupils as learners, allowing a personalised learning experience.
- Our primary-age pupils get access to specialist facilities on our secondary site such as science labs, cookery rooms, sports centre, 3G Astro, track and the climbing wall.
- It allows for a smooth transition between primary and secondary school, in a familiar environment. Children in Year 6 are automatically guaranteed a place in Year 7. Younger children are familiar with seeing older pupils so it is much less daunting than going to a new secondary school.
- For students, the benefits are huge. There are mentoring and leadership opportunities between older and younger pupils to develop confidence, resilience and character.
- For staff, there are opportunities to share best practice and cross-phase lesson observations create opportunities to learn from one another. Staff get the opportunity to watch children grow and work their way through the school, supporting them every step of the way!