The dates for the privilege seat application window for academic year 2019 have been finalised. Should you wish to apply for a privilege seat for your child to use the school bus service you will need to apply between 9am on Monday 3rd June 2019 and 4pm on Friday 14th June 2019 for children in school years 0 – 11, only. You will not be able to apply for privilege seats for sixth form students (school years 12 – 14) at this time. Please note that the online form will only be live between the above times and that applications received outside of this window will not be accepted.
Further information on the privilege seat process can be found online, here: https://www.iwight.com/Council/OtherServices/School-Transport/Privilege-Seat-on-School-Transport. Please also note the FAQs, Code of Good Practice and Ticket Terms and Conditions sections available via this webpage. If you scroll to the bottom of the above webpage you will see the bus services for which you can apply. This information will be live from 9am on Monday 3rd June 2019. Should the service you require not be listed you will not be able to apply for that service at this time.
Do bear in mind that making an application for a privilege seat does not guarantee a seat on the school bus.
Privilege seat ticket prices are set costs as follows.
– Up to a full term £130.00 – Up to half a term £65.00 – Up to a full term AM or PM only £65.00 – Up to half a term AM or PM only £32.50
Should you have any queries please contact the Transport Team at the Council via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: 823780.
Important Points to Note
– Information on all bus services will be available on the website from 9am on Monday 3rd June 2019.
– There will no longer be merged bus services to Carisbrooke and Christ the King Colleges due to the changes to start and finish times.
– Some services to other schools will also change or be removed.
– There will be a strict payment deadline for making payment. Should you miss this deadline, the seat offered to your child will be offered to the next child on the waiting list (should one exist) and your application will be cancelled.
– Once applications have been processed by the Transport Team you will be able to see the status of your application online as well as make payment without having to contact the Council.