After a very successful transition to The Bay CE School for our current Year 7, we are looking forward to the year ahead and welcoming the new Year 6 students. The upcoming transition events will provide an excellent opportunity for you to meet the Senior Leadership Team, key members of staff and talk to students about their experiences so far in year 7.
The Year 7 team are a dedicated team of professional people who understand and appreciate the importance of children being happy in order to learn. We pride ourselves on the strong pastoral support throughout transition to ensure that your child feels confident and safe in the next steps of their education.
During the course of the term, we will be visiting partner Primary Schools to discuss the needs of all children transferring to us. There will be opportunities to visit the school, as well as the Induction Days in July, which will provide an excellent opportunity for the children to feel very much a part of the The Bay community.
We look forward to meeting you during your Transition where you will find out more about what the school has on offer, and talk with students and staff about what life here is really like. We hope that you enjoy the Transition Programme and look forward to welcoming you and your family to The Bay CE School.
Mr Andy Green
Key Stage 3 Progress Director and Transition Manager
Key Features of the Transition Programme
- A welcome pack sent out to students.
- Subject experiences where you will experience our fantastic school site, meet key teachers, learning with year 7 and year 8 students.
- Launch of the Learning ‘Passport’ to be completed by the student in their current school in the Summer Term.
- Transition project to be completed by students in their current school in the summer term.
- Transition project to complete in the post SATs period and summer term.
- Further opportunities to accompany parents/carers to the school and develop a sense of confidence and belonging. Two induction days on the 11th and 12th July to meet their new tutor groups, including introductory lessons, assemblies and an alternative sports competition.
FOR PARENTS AND FAMILIES:
- You can book a tour of our school.
- Meet our Senior Leadership Team in the summer term to establish with you our ethos and as part of our warm welcome.
- Information Evening on Thursday 11th July will provide the opportunity to meet with the year 7 tutor team, your child’s house leader, find out more about the curriculum and have the opportunity to ask further questions.
- A family BBQ event in September to celebrate your start with us.
Key Dates for 2019
|Spring and Summer Term||Subject experience events||Opportunities for our primary schools to bring along students to experience the many subject facilities we have on offer.|
|Summer Term||Welcome meetings—student/parent and school||All students will receive a personal invitation to meet our Senior Leadership Team and discuss the school’s ethos and your time with us.|
|Thursday 11th and Friday 12th July||Induction Days||All students in Year 6 will spend two days on site at the school.
These are the cross-Island agreed Induction days for all Year 6 students.
|Thursday 11th July||Intake Evening (5pm-7:30pm)||Parents/Carers can come along to meet their child’s form tutor, year 7 manager and House Leader.|
|Summer School||Invitation only.|
|First Day at School|
|September 2019 (Date TBC)||Family BBQ||Inter-house rounders match and BBQ — a welcome event for all our new students, parents and families.|
|October 2019 (Date TBC)||Meet the Tutor Event||For all parents/carers and students to catch up with the Form Tutor for mutual updates on how you are settling in.|
|December 2019 (Date TBC)||Transition Graduation Event||
Students and parents celebrate the graduation from Transition to secondary school