We teach our students to be responsible when it comes to the internet. They will learn how to search responsibly and question the reliability and validity of some of what is published online. Most importantly we will regularly teach and review E-safety for all of our students. Social media platforms are part of a young person’s life so your child will explore various issues, the dos and don’ts online and where to go for help.
The National Online Safety Website has produced some useful guides for parents about keeping safe online.
Click on the links below to read more:
- CEOP – Child Exploitation and Online Protection command
- UK Safer Internet Centre
- Think U Know
- Kid Smart
- Family Online Safety Institute
- I’m worried my child might see something inappropriate online
- Special Needs and the Online World
- Supporting Positive Sexual Behaviour
- Talking About Sex
- Using Parental Controls
- What Children Don’t Tell Their Parents
- What is live streaming?